GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Analysis » Tutorial macro
Re: tut_pid.C - crash due to kSigFloatingException [message #15211 is a reply to message #15210] Wed, 14 August 2013 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Hi Soeren,
I give you my personal explanation, which I already wrote to Elisabetta by Skype.

There is some not initialized variable, like a hit position, which is provided to geane by the pidcorrelator, and in Fedora it generates a crash. In this sense it is not a problem of geane itself, but of the parameters sent to geane (some NaN, or some dummy not initialized value).

In particular there is a strange warning appearing in the digi stage, about "not existing emc module 8", and I sent a mail to Dima to fix it.
If my thoughts are correct, the problem stands in the "pid detectors" or in the correlator itself, and this is the reason why the reco does not crash.

The fact that I sent several hundreds of thousand events w/o crashes, means that "probably" it is a compiler issue, maybe my gcc is more permissive while Elisabetta gcc is more strict and produces crash.

I would be happy to see the crash by myself in order to understand really what is going wrong, and if my suspects are correct.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [FIXED] Bug in RhoCandList (?)
Next Topic: Pnd4CFitter - how to use it
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:41:22 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01070 seconds