GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » pbarpSystem
Re: pbarpSystem [message #15127 is a reply to message #15126] Wed, 07 August 2013 16:48 Go to previous message
Elisabetta Prencipe (2) is currently offline  Elisabetta Prencipe (2)
first-grade participant
Hi Simon,
to set up both value to 0 is not correct, as EvtGen is written in a way that a mass interval should be passed somewhere. Now, you can choose those limits your own, or you can accept the default value of Delta Mass of the dummyXX in evt.pdl; but it must be written somewhere. So, if you comment those 2 lines you accept the default setting in evt.pdl, and this should be fine.
When I generated my new particle, I set up the value depending on the limit of the PHSP distribution of the daughters of my new particle, and it worked out. I never tried without any Delta mass value.

Just one comment: you can decide in this way to set up the particle properties (not only the ones related to the dummy particles, but also for instance for the D0, Ks, Lambda..) from your file.dec, without modifying evt.pdl. You can redefine for the particle of the evt.pdl list the mass, width, Lund-ID,....this is still fine.

Dummy00_1, for instance, by default is just a particle with mass = 1 GeV/c^2, width = 0.1, LundID= 51, spin =0 and charge =0. No additional properties. From your file.dec you are able to redefine the mass and the width, as from the example I had sent you, and you accept by default the other properties of this dummy00_1 particle (spin, charge). Make sure in the simulation macro to set up properly the momentum value, depending on the mass of your new particle, and the name of the Resonant state, wherever it is called in the macro. You are now using a particle calle "dummyXX_Y", whatever it is in your case.

Elisabetta

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How to apply transformations on the geometry? (Alignment)
Next Topic: Why is there a hardcoded $PATH in config.sh?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:24:54 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01069 seconds