GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Tracking uncertainties
Tracking uncertainties [message #14948] Thu, 11 July 2013 16:07 Go to previous message
Ralf Kliemt is currently offline  Ralf Kliemt
first-grade participant

Hi Lia, Gianluigi and tracking experts.

On the last Panda meeting I talked with Gianluigi about the issue of too low chisquare values in particle fitting. We agreed on the strategy to plot differences to mote-carlo, pull distributions and the uncertainty distributions.

You'll find attached a pdf with such distributions from 10k Psi(3770) -> J/Psi pi+ pi -> e+ e- pi+ pi- events.

First page is the fourmomentum. Here only the energy pulls are a bit wide. Second page has the position variable. Residuals look OK but the pulls are too small.

So I went some steps back and check the first track Parameters.
This is a bit tricky as I need to get the MC truth propagated to the actual region of the first parameter. I did so with Geane and PropagateToPlane. As Plane I use the same plane as it is stored in the reconstructed parameter.

The last row on the second page and the third page show these distributions. However, everything looks aweful.
I guess I made a mistake somewhere.

I put an update to svn and also the macro I use to create these plots. You may use any of your own simulations as it only needs measured charged particles and the mc truth.

Hope to find answers.
Ralf

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Changes in Geane.C for
Next Topic: Using RKTrackRep in the Kalman
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 05:23:45 CEST 2024