GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » General Discussion » Particle identification parameter for FairRutherfordPoint
Particle identification parameter for FairRutherfordPoint [message #14264] Tue, 11 December 2012 23:45 Go to previous message
Raphael Cervantes is currently offline  Raphael Cervantes
continuous participant
Hi guys,
I am currently using the rutherford example in Fairroot. I run run_rutherford.C and get test.mc.root. I would like to plot the particle hits on the detector as a function of theta for a particular particle, e.g. the theta distribution of photons. I plot these distributions with

root -l data/test.mc.root (in the rutherford macros folder)

cbmsim->Draw("FairRutherfordPoint.fEta>>h1","FairRutherfordPoint.fEta >-10 && FairRutherfordPoint.fEta<10")

where eta is the pseudorapidity and a function of theta.

I would like to just look at the eta distribution of the photons instead of the whole range of particles. I notice that the particle identification information is stored in MCTrack and not in FairRutherfordPoint. I thought of using the command
cbmsim->Draw("FairRutherfordPoint.fEta>>h1","FairRutherfordPoint.fEta >-10 && FairRutherfordPoint.fEta<10 && MCTrack.fPdgCode==22")
However, further analysis showed that this command does not actually plot the fairrutherfordpoint eta distribution of the photon particles. I believe is is because pdgCode is in a different branch from FairRutherfordPoint.

I now want to make pid information an intrinsic property of FairRutherfordPoint. What must I do to get the pdgCode from the MCTrack to the corresponding FairRutherfordPoint?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: getting run_rutherford to calculate eta parameter [SOLVED]
Next Topic: configure csh script
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:55:59 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01832 seconds