GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » General Discussion » Geant4 not working with current fairbase (10/10/12) [SOLVED]
Geant4 not working with current fairbase (10/10/12) [SOLVED] [message #14087] Wed, 10 October 2012 20:20 Go to previous message
Raphael Cervantes is currently offline  Raphael Cervantes
continuous participant
Has anyone had any luck using geant4 with the current fairbase (10/10/12)?? If so, can you please reply. I am unable to run fairroot with geant4 and I need to know if the problem is because of a bug or because of my personal error.

I tried running the rutherford example,
cd fairbase/examples/rutherford/macros
root run_rutherford.C
And it seemed to run without a hitch.

However, run_rutherford as it is in the repository uses Geant3. I want to use Geant4, so I replace run->SetName("TGeant3"); with run->SetName("TGeant4");

After I try to run_rutherford.C again, I get a segmentation fault. The error is described in geant4SeFault.txt.

I naively copied g4libs.C from sep12/transport/geant4_vmc into my sep12-build/share/root/macros and into my gconfig folder in my fairbase. Note: the g4libs.C was not found at all in my sep12 build folder, which might suggest that sep12 is faulty in this aspect. After copying g4libs.C into said folders, I ran rutherford again and obtained the error described in geant4now.txt. I don't know what else to try, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

[Updated on: Fri, 12 October 2012 11:20] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: fairbase does not compiile properly as is (10-5-12) [SOLVED]
Next Topic: abxolute scaling of the geometry files[SOLVED]?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:56:06 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00929 seconds