GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Hades » Pluto » [SOLVED] Beam Smear and Cross Sections
Re: Bear Smear and Cross Sections [message #13920 is a reply to message #13812] Sun, 02 September 2012 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Michael Kunkel is currently offline  Michael Kunkel
continuous participant
I have tried to implement what you have written so far. I have run into some more questions. I use 64 models for the energy range 1.74 - 3.33 GeV in the c.m. frame. something I find strange is that in certain energy regions, PLUTO generates the cross section oddly. In the figure below, the PLUTO generated c.m. energy is depicted.
index.php?t=getfile&id=7116&private=0

Notice the jump in "integrated cross section" between 1.89 and 1.91 GeV. This can be seen easier in the next figure below.
index.php?t=getfile&id=7117&private=0

However, if I look at the differential cross sections for these energy ranges, I do not see a cause for this "jump", see figure below. (The shown plots are the interpolated plots from TGraphs)

index.php?t=getfile&id=7118&private=0

Could you please clarify what is going on here?

Also, I was hoping you would look over my macro and see if maybe there was a mistake in my syntax that might have caused this issue. I am uploading the code.

EDITED:
Furthermore, I have plotted the published lab energy vs. total cross section and compared it to what PLUTO generates. There is a scaling factor, however this is just a constant onto one of the spectrum.
As seen below, at small energies, there is a discrepancy as seen mentioned previously.

index.php?t=getfile&id=7120&private=0

Thanks
Michael

[Updated on: Sun, 02 September 2012 17:15]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message