GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » General Discussion » Running Pythia input on Geant4 not working
Running Pythia input on Geant4 not working [message #13726] Mon, 09 July 2012 22:21 Go to previous message
Raghav Kunnawalkam is currently offline  Raghav Kunnawalkam
continuous participant
Hi All

I can successfully run a pythia6 output file into my detector using Geant3 but the same when it try to do Geant4 does not work.

I do have Geant4 working and it all works if i just create a particle using fairboxgenerator and shoot it. But the problem only arises when i try to use pythia output as the input to my detector.

Here is the error message that root tells me (after telling me a lot about geant4)

### Run 0 start.
[INFO ] [09.07.2012 16:04:58] [FairPrimaryGenerator.cxx::GenerateEvent:170] FairPrimaryGenerator: (Event 1) 27 primary tracks from vertex (0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000 ) Event Time = 0.000000 (ns)

TG4PrimaryGeneratorAction::TransformPrimaries:
G4ParticleTable::FindParticle() failed for string pdgEncoding=92.
*** TG4Exception: Aborting execution ***

WARNING - Attempt to delete the physical volume store while geometry closed !
WARNING - Attempt to delete the logical volume store while geometry closed !
WARNING - Attempt to delete the solid store while geometry closed !
WARNING - Attempt to delete the region store while geometry closed !
Warning in <TStreamerInfo::Build:>: TStreamerBase: base class TStreamerElement has no streamer or dictionary it will not be saved
raghav:macros raghav$

I also dont know why those warnings are always appearing. So far i am just ignoring them and it seems that there is no problem.

Thanks for your help
Cheers
Raghav

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Units for geometry in .geo files and in root. And FairDetectorPoint questions
Next Topic: Looking at all the events simultaneously in Event display
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:07:38 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01095 seconds