GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » General Discussion » Adding Reconstruction and Fast Sim to Fairroot from Pandaroot
Adding Reconstruction and Fast Sim to Fairroot from Pandaroot [message #13639] Thu, 21 June 2012 07:05 Go to previous message
Raghav Kunnawalkam is currently offline  Raghav Kunnawalkam
continuous participant
Hi All

I finished building my project in fairroot (the EIC detector) and now i would like to get some reco data to look at the detector response.

I tried to look at the example given in pandaroot for reco and tried to create something very simple. But i soon learnt that there are tons of required classes for it to work and i set about getting them from pandaroot and copying to my fairroot (obviously with changed names and a few other things in MCStack regarding the detector information) . I am still not done with this approach and i feel that i everytime that i have enough of them and try to compile fairroot, it tells me that there are more classes that i dont have and need to copy from pandaroot.

Can you guys tell me if this approach is correct or i am doing something completely wrong and forbidden.

I also started doing the same stuff for fsim and similarly i am going nowhere.

I have an error here that cmake tells me, which i really have no idea how to correct it. It is a result of combining classes into fairroot/fairtools/ and trying to build them there.

[ 0%] Building CXX object fairtools/CMakeFiles/FairTools.dir/FairAnalysis.cxx.o
/Users/raghav/fairroot/fairtools/FairAnalysis.cxx: In member function ‘void FairAnalysis::BuildMcCands()’:
/Users/raghav/fairroot/fairtools/FairAnalysis.cxx:326: error: ‘class FairMCTrack’ has no member named ‘GetMotherID’
/Users/raghav/fairroot/fairtools/FairAnalysis.cxx:328: error: no matching function for call to ‘FairMCTrack::Get4Momentum()’
/Users/raghav/fairroot/example/mcstack/FairMCTrack.h:152: note: candidates are: void FairMCTrack::Get4Momentum(TLorentzVector&)
/Users/raghav/fairroot/fairtools/FairAnalysis.cxx:329: error: no matching function for call to ‘FairMCTrack::GetStartVertex()’
/Users/raghav/fairroot/example/mcstack/FairMCTrack.h:159: note: candidates are: void FairMCTrack::GetStartVertex(TVector3&)
make[2]: *** [fairtools/CMakeFiles/FairTools.dir/FairAnalysis.cxx.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [fairtools/CMakeFiles/FairTools.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
Kunnawalkam-Raghavs-MacBook-Pro:build raghav$

If you look at a short piece of my MCTrack class then you will notice that i do have them correctly defined.

/** Accessors **/
Int_t GetPdgCode() const { return fPdgCode; }
Int_t GetMotherId() const { return fMotherId; }
void GetMomentum(TVector3& momentum);
void Get4Momentum(TLorentzVector& momentum);
void GetStartVertex(TVector3& vertex);

I also have included my fairmctrack class properly in my fairanalysis.cxx and i also checked if i included that directory in my CMakelists.txt file.

This is probably something very very simple that i am missing here.

Thanks a lot guys
Cheers
Raghav

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: fairroot jan12 cannot be built on my Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit [SOLVED]
Next Topic: [SOLVED] about version "1.6.17"-- FairRoot Revision - 15449 Branch
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:11:51 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00932 seconds