GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » segmentation violation in reco macro
Re: segmentation violation in reco macro -- GEANT related? [message #13620 is a reply to message #13619] Sun, 17 June 2012 15:09 Go to previous message
MartinJGaluska is currently offline  MartinJGaluska
first-grade participant
You are right, it works correctly when the second argument is not equal to 0. I was just wondering about the behavior in case it actually is 0, but now that I know the behavior, it is not a problem for me any more.

Coming back to the crash that I encountered, it seems that on Friday I was not patient enough for root to give me the full error message. I have just tried to run the events 750 to 760 again and I get:

Toggle Spoiler

Maybe it would be interesting to investigate this crash, but it seems to be caused by me setting nmaxMvdPixelHitsInTrack from 30 to 60 in sttmvdtracking/PndSttMvdTracking.h. When I change this constant back to 30, there is no crash in event 752. (However, unfortunately I get a different crash in event 490.)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Crash in reco macro: "PndSttMvdTracking, nMvdPixelHitsinTrack[4] is 58and it is > nmaxMvdPix
Next Topic: [FIXED] Possibly a bug in MC Truth Forwarding (?) - no bug after all [SOLVED]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:43:26 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01349 seconds