GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » General Discussion » New Update causing problems and Output Data analysis
New Update causing problems and Output Data analysis [message #13546] Tue, 29 May 2012 20:18 Go to previous message
Raghav Kunnawalkam is currently offline  Raghav Kunnawalkam
continuous participant
Hi All

Firstly i wanted to report the new update of fairroot that i did (this morning) is giving me some errors while loading libBase.so

dlopen error: dlopen(/Users/raghav/fairroot/build/lib/libBase.so, 9): Symbol not found: __ZTI6TProof
Referenced from: /Users/raghav/fairroot/build/lib/libBase.so
Expected in: flat namespace
in /Users/raghav/fairroot/build/lib/libBase.so
Load Error: Failed to load Dynamic link library /Users/raghav/fairroot/build/lib/libBase.so
(int)(-1)
root [1]

Now I have some questions regarding the meaning of some of the leaves in the standard output format.

1. For example say that i have all the hits in the ECAL of my detector presented as

index.php?t=getfile&id=6999&private=0

Is there a way that i can identify what particle exactly went where, like what is the particle that caused the peak about 2radians.

2. I think that there should be a way to get that information like we did during the radiation length analysis like

track->GetMomentum(), GetTheta etc..., is there a way like this to get the energy of the particle that it deposited or should i calculate it from the other ways.

3. I dont know what these leaves mean, in the root file that is produced generally.
for example, MCTrack.fNPoints, .fMotherId, .fPdgCode (i can guess what thas, but still it doesnt make sense)

And i would really appreciate it if someone can tell me what do these following plots mean, and why root crashes i try to open the GeoTracks branch
index.php?t=getfile&id=7000&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=7001&private=0

Thanks a lot for all your help
Cheers
Raghav

[Updated on: Tue, 29 May 2012 20:53]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message