GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » General Discussion » New Update causing problems and Output Data analysis
Re: New Update causing problems and Output Data analysis [message #13549 is a reply to message #13548] Wed, 30 May 2012 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

TrackId is present in the MCPoint and it is the index of the MCTrack object which has created the point. In this sense, if you have a calorimeter, you have a large number of secondaries producing signals, then the fTrackId will refer to each of this secondary particle. I think your output is normal.

MotherId is present in the MCTrack, and it is the index of the MCTrack which has created your MCTrack... I.e. a primary pion has trackId 0 and motherID -1 (it has no mother particle). If it decays into neutrino and muon, neutrino will have probably TrackId 1 and motherId 0 and muon will have TrackId 2 and motherId 0 (same mother id, 0, -> trackid of the primary pion, different trackid -> they are different particles).

PdgCode is the PDG particle code. You have to zoom around 0 to see if you fnd really particle, now your plot is dominated by particles with code 10^6 (ions or maybe cherenkov photons), and you are not able to see photons (22) or electrons (11).

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Detector response analysis
Next Topic: fairroot jan12 cannot be built on my Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit [SOLVED]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:22:19 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01141 seconds