GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » General Discussion » New Update causing problems and Output Data analysis
Re: New Update causing problems and Output Data analysis [message #13548 is a reply to message #13547] Wed, 30 May 2012 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Raghav Kunnawalkam is currently offline  Raghav Kunnawalkam
continuous participant
Hi Radek

Many thanks for your detailed response.

a) i have included the new libraries and it works.

b) regarding the output file. I have created a bunch of detectors to simulate the EIC collider so i have 9 detectors taking input (on which i have deactivated one of them for simplicity).

I have built them just the way you guys have given in the fairroot website as a tutorial for building new detectors.

I can see that from the TBrowser, I can draw these plots quite easily but it is a pain to keep doing it again and again for all my detectors. So i wanted to create a macro that does it automatically for all of them. Thats why i asked you about the getting the Energy loss etc... I did not know that there were methods like GetEnergyLoss, But now i see they are defined in FairMcPoint. Thanks for that

Regarding the leaves, i did guess the meaning of some of them but what i did not understand is the numbering of the trackID, motherID etc...

And just so that we are on the same page, this is a simulation ( just 10 events as you said correctly) of tau colliding with p, and i am selecting only the events which have tau in them. (to look at the decay channel of tau compared to a standard jet event).

here is what i am talking about:

index.php?t=getfile&id=7002&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=7003&private=0

this last plot i should be pdgcode right, like 11 for electron, 22 for photon etc... ?

index.php?t=getfile&id=7004&private=0

You yourself said that you are surprised with my trackID, so i want to know if there is documentation regarding tackid just like there is for particle id, if they are different that is.

Maybe Mohammad or Stefano can help us out here.

Regarding geotracks, they are just created during my simulation, i am not doing anything special to them, but can you tell me what they are used for?

Thanks again
Cheers
Raghav

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Detector response analysis
Next Topic: fairroot jan12 cannot be built on my Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit [SOLVED]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:02:37 CEST 2024