GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Hades » Pluto » [SOLVED] pp->K0s+X with V5.34
[SOLVED] pp->K0s+X with V5.34 [message #13544] Tue, 29 May 2012 15:45 Go to previous message
Jia-Chii Chen is currently offline  Jia-Chii Chen
occasional visitor
Dear Ingo,

I'm simulating a K0s cocktail for the correction of and comparison to the inclusive K0s in p+p at 3.5GeV. Until now I have been using 2 years old simulation based on V4.11, which look proper for all observables that have been studied.

For several reasons I wanted now to re-simulate my K0s cocktail but with the newer version 5.34 (this is the one, which is installed here in Munich). However, the first glimpse at the rapidity distribution dN/dy shows a shift of the gaussian towards beam rapidity. In version 4.11 it's symmetric with respect to mid-rapidty, as it should be. (Pictures can be downloaded.) Do you have an explanation for this?

For both versions similar macros have been used. The difference is just the way, how strange particles were included. For V4.11 I was using the missing_particle.dat file to include e.g. Sigma*. In V5.34 I'm using the command "makeDistributionManager()->Exec("strangeness:init")".

Thanks a lot for your help already!

With best regards,

Chii

[Updated on: Wed, 22 May 2013 12:44] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Pion off Nuclei [quasi-free]
Next Topic: [SOLVED] PVertexFile
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:31:56 CET 2024