GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » another crash due to problem at z = -150
Re: another crash due to problem at z = -150 [message #13460 is a reply to message #13459] Thu, 10 May 2012 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Albrecht Gillitzer is currently offline  Albrecht Gillitzer
continuous participant
Hi Stefano,

From the fact that 778 events were simulated without problems you can see that the probability to crash is of the order of 1 per mille. But I guess the probability to exactly get the crash in this volume element is even smaller.

If you used exacly my sim file, decay file and seed number, and don't get the crash, then maybe your PC creates a different history of random numbers in the course of the simulation. Is this possible?

In this case, I think trying to get exactly the same event pattern including all secondaries that creates my crash by trying different seed numbers is completely hopeless.

Another question: did you check the used geometry files in my sim file?
Maybe part of them is outdated, and this results in the second crash yesterday when trying to load the geometry as you suggested?
I don't know which are the correct geometry files to use. Is there any updated list of preferred geometry files to be used, including the recent changes? By svn update I don't get such changes if the file name changes or new geometries are implemented.

Best regards,
Albrecht

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message