GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » License ?
Re: License ? [message #13296 is a reply to message #13294] Wed, 04 April 2012 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Mohammad Al-Turany is currently offline  Mohammad Al-Turany
first-grade participant
Hi,

We had the discussion before, and then we contacted the GSI license and patent office (Yes we have such an office at the GSI!) and because we are using something like 12-15 packages with all kind of possible licenses (GPL, LGPL, BSD, CERN, Geant4, ...) So for us (FairRoot team) it was too compilcated to decide. So after months of waiting and consulting the CERN office responsible for such stuff, no body could decide or say what would be the license. The fact that the GSI is GmbH, but we are paid from tax money make it also more complicated. In any case I am speaking here about FairBase, and I believe we will finally make LGPL or something similar, but this will not be valid for PandaRoot, CbmRoot, etc. There each experiment has to decide it self how to do it.

As you see it is complicated (at least for me!). And just for my education what is your problem now and why you are interested in such a topic?

regards,

Mohammad.

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Hits reconstruction
Next Topic: How to abort secondaries
Goto Forum: