GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » General Discussion » Multiple input files / trees
Multiple input files / trees [message #13244] Thu, 22 March 2012 10:59 Go to previous message
Volker Friese is currently offline  Volker Friese
first-grade participant
I would like to ask about the status of a topic that was discussed some time ago, concerning the possibility to have two (or more) input files of the same data level (the same branches) for a reconstruction run.

The concrete example is in our case to use two files with MC (transport) data and merge them before digitisation. A typical use case for us is to overlay background events (e.g. from UrQMD with some thousand tracks) with signal events (e.g. a J/psi decay with only two daughter tracks). Transporting UrQMD is very CPU and time expensive, while the transport of signals is not. So, one would like to re-use the same transported UrQMD events as background for different signals.

This demand can be generalised to using multiple files with the same branches at any stage of the reconstruction.

I recall that some years ago, Denis made some attempts to solve this, but I think there were major difficulties, and the issue was dropped eventually.

Are there plans to take this issue up again on the framework level? Or is the feature already solved without my being aware?

Best regards,

Volker

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: FairMCEventHeader
Next Topic: New update of fairroot not building properly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:31:22 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00809 seconds