GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » General Discussion » Detector materials with radiation length not equal to zero
Re: Detector materials with radiation length not equal to zero [message #13368 is a reply to message #13248] Wed, 18 April 2012 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Raghav Kunnawalkam is currently offline  Raghav Kunnawalkam
continuous participant
Hi Mohammad

I got rid of all the errors that you mentioned previously, but now i am faced with another problem.

My output from eicroot, looks exactly the same as the rutherford example. the radiation length plots all look the same.

This is what root tells me when running the radiation length calculator for eicroot:

first input: none
second input: none
output:
OBJ: FairParRootFile /Users/raghav/fairroot/example/eicroot/simpletracker/macros/data/params_ eic.root : 0 at: 0x7fd3504c2900
Root file I/O /Users/raghav/fairroot/example/eicroot/simpletracker/macros/data/params_ eic.root is open
detector I/Os: FairGenericParIo
**** GTRIGI: IEVENT= 1 IDEVT= 1 Random Seeds = 4357 0
[INFO ] [17.04.2012 21:25:27] [FairPrimaryGenerator.cxx::GenerateEvent:170] FairPrimaryGenerator: (Event 1) 1 primary tracks from vertex (0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000 ) Event Time = 0.000000 (ns)
-I- FairStack: Filling MCTrack array...
-I- FairStack: Number of primaries = 1
Total number of particles = 1
Number of tracks in output = 1
Track 0, mother : -1, Type 0, momentum (0, -0, 0) GeV
Ref 0, TutDet 0, Rutherford 0
-I- FairStack: Updating track indizes......stack and 9 collections updated.

Macro finished succesfully.

Even though i have not mentioned the word rutherford anywhere in my eicroot directory, the output still is counting something like it. It is very puzzling to me.
And the log files for both look exactly the same (ofcourse the geometry part is different).

Last time you referred me to examples in panda, which either do not have the data files or the config files in them. So it is very hard to follow them.

Any ideas why it is still showing me rutherford?

Thanks a lot
Raghav

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: New update of fairroot not building properly
Next Topic: Doing collisions and input information.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:22:23 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00659 seconds