GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » General Discussion » Detector materials with radiation length not equal to zero
Re: Detector materials with radiation length not equal to zero [message #13248 is a reply to message #13238] Thu, 22 March 2012 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Mohammad Al-Turany is currently offline  Mohammad Al-Turany
first-grade participant
Hallo Raghav,

There is an error somewhere in your code:

Quote:

Error in <TString::AssertElement>: out of bounds: i = 10, Length = 8

So it is not clear if everything was initialized properly!

Quote:

I do not understand what does it mean when it says that the geantino has more than 1000 steps.

Normally this you get when a particle loops without loosing energy, getting this for a Rootino (Geantino) is very strange for me, so I guess it is a side effect of the error above.

Quote:

Also, just another point on the example rutherford, i am still not able to see any tracks on the event display. Is it something to do with initializing tracks in the eventDisplay.C macro?

If you use the run_rad.C or run_rutherfod.C followed by the event display.C you should see:

index.php?t=getfile&id=6880&private=0

in the GUI, (which is an example and each experiment should do there own) you should first select the FairEventManager, then an info tab will show up where you can select the event you went to draw, not really straight forward but as example it should be ok!

Quote:

Another question i have is, does the matter of initializing the box generator, set tracks etc.. in the macro count? (it may be a very stupid question in that it obviously counts, but i would like a general solution like first i define this, then that etc...)

You do not need to call it yourself, the primary generator will do that for you, it was there for historical reasons, I remove it now.

For a full detailed example for the radiation length Ralf Kliemt did it for the MVD in Panda here is the examples:

Quote:

https://subversion.gsi.de/trac/fairroot/browser/pandaroot/trunk/macro/mv d/Ralf/materialsim.C
https://subversion.gsi.de/trac/fairroot/browser/pandaroot/trunk/macro/mv d/Ralf/materialana.C

Cheers,

Mohammad

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: New update of fairroot not building properly
Next Topic: Doing collisions and input information.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:33:15 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01004 seconds