GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » General Discussion » Detector materials with radiation length not equal to zero
Re: Detector materials with radiation length not equal to zero [message #13175 is a reply to message #13172] Mon, 12 March 2012 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Mohammad Al-Turany is currently offline  Mohammad Al-Turany
first-grade participant
Hi Raghav,

Quote:

1) I do not understand what you mean by geantino in the box generator. I have it looking at the whole space right now (\theta = 0 to 180 and \phi =0 to 360).

Geantino: virtual particles for simulation which do not interact with materials and undertake transportation processes only.

Choose the angels in the box generator to go in the direction you went to study, i.e: you went to register the radiation length going along this path.

Quote:

3 ) Another thing is that root tells me when i open my output file that
root [0]
Attaching file eic.mc.root as _file0...
Warning in <TClass::TClass>: no dictionary for class FairMCTrack is available
Warning in <TClass::TClass>: no dictionary for class FairFileHeader is available
root [1] TBrowser b
Does this mean that i am actually not calculating the radiation length.

No, it means you read a tree with objects, but you do not have load the libraries for these object! in case you only access standard types of the objects it is okay.

If you look at the class FairRadLenPoint you will see what things are saved in each point (The member variables of the class) these values are collected and saved for each volume you enter in the geometry. From these values you can generate your radiation length maps as you need.

Hope this will help you!

Mohammad

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: New update of fairroot not building properly
Next Topic: Doing collisions and input information.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 08:40:39 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00906 seconds