GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » General Discussion » Detector materials with radiation length not equal to zero
Re: Detector materials with radiation length not equal to zero [message #13171 is a reply to message #13170] Sun, 11 March 2012 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Mohammad Al-Turany is currently offline  Mohammad Al-Turany
first-grade participant
Hi Raghav,

The radiation length cannot be set from the media file! sorry this is a mistake in the documentation which I just corrected, this has changed since very long time. The radiation length for media is simply calculated.

To calculate the radiation length for your detector, take a look to:

https://subversion.gsi.de/trac/fairroot/browser/pandaroot/trunk/macro/ru n/rad_complete_stt.C

it is a simulation macro but you have to activate the radiation length manager, i.e:

fRun->SetRadLenRegister(kTRUE);

and to make it run faster, set all your detectors to inactive, .i.e:

FairDetector *Mvd = new PndMvdDetector("MVD", kFALSE);

Which means the detector will not register any hits.

In the generator part you need to use Geantino in the box generator and you can set theta and phi to the values you went to scan.

The output of this macro, is a tree with "RadLen" branch which contain the info about the radiation length along the path you choose for simulation, the Radiation length manager register a point each time it exit a volume in the geometry.

regards

Mohammad

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: New update of fairroot not building properly
Next Topic: Doing collisions and input information.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:19:05 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00964 seconds