GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PANDA - Computing » Grid and Infrastructure » Remote installation of Jan12 ext. packages on a grid architecture : 2 root header files missing
Remote installation of Jan12 ext. packages on a grid architecture : 2 root header files missing [message #13161] Thu, 08 March 2012 16:08 Go to previous message
Dominique Marchand is currently offline  Dominique Marchand
occasional visitor
Hi,
Updating the external packages from may11 to jan12 I encountered an error at the end of the whole process : installation of jan12 external packages + updated of PandaRoot + cmake + make.

The error I got after the make command in the buildPanda directory (tail of the std.err file, no error before) :

Error: cannot open file "Math/Interpolator.h" /nfs1/sw/ipnos/PANDARoot/pandaroot/sds/SdsFEModel/PndSdsFE.h:20:
Error: cannot open file "Math/InterpolationTypes.h" /nfs1/sw/ipnos/PANDARoot/pandaroot/sds/SdsFEModel/PndSdsFE.h:21:
Error: Symbol Interpolator is not defined in current scope /nfs1/sw/ipnos/PANDARoot/pandaroot/sds/SdsFEModel/PndSdsFE.h:74:
Error: Symbol inter is not defined in current scope /nfs1/sw/ipnos/PANDARoot/pandaroot/sds/SdsFEModel/PndSdsFE.h:74:
Error: cannot open file "Math/Interpolator.h" /nfs1/sw/ipnos/PANDARoot/pandaroot/sds/SdsFEModel/PndSdsFESimple.h:20:
Error: cannot open file "Math/InterpolationTypes.h" /nfs1/sw/ipnos/PANDARoot/pandaroot/sds/SdsFEModel/PndSdsFESimple.h:21:
Warning: Error occurred during reading source files
Warning: Error occurred during dictionary source generation
!!!Removing /nfs1/sw/ipnos/PANDARoot/pandaroot/buildPanda/sds/SdsDict.cxx /nfs1/sw/ipnos/PANDARoot/pandaroot/buildPanda/sds/SdsDict.h !!!
Error: /nfs1/sw/ipnos/PANDARoot/fairsoft/jan12/tools/root/bin/rootcint: error loading headers...
make[2]: *** [sds/SdsDict.cxx] Error 1
make[1]: *** [sds/CMakeFiles/Sds.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I had already remotely installed 3 external package distributions without any problem. As a check I always install in parallel the new external package distribution on my computer.

The problem is that 2 root header files (Interpolator.h and InterpolationTypes.h) are missing in the fairsoft/jan12/tools/root/include/Math/ directory after the "./configure.sh grid" command. Nevertheless at the end I get the awaited "no error" message : *** End installation of external packages without Errors ***

Comparing the 2 tools/root/include/Math/ directories from my computer and from the grid, I found out that only these 2 files were missing... I then copied the 2 files into the correct directory and proceed again : amke and make within the buildPanda directory. It went until the end without errors.

I tried to compare the root_config_grid.sh with the root_config.sh but, at my level of knowledge, I didn't see anything wrong there... As a check I re-install on the grid in a fake directory the jan12 external package distribution from the beginning (svn co) and after "./configure.sh grid" I confirm that the Interpolator.h and the InterpolationTypes.h files are missing in the tools/root/include/Math/ directory whereas all the other files are there.

Hope it helps to fix the problem for the next distribution installation.

Cheers,
Dominique

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: collaboration meeting, call for contributions
Next Topic: GRID problems to be fixed in Thailand
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:35:50 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00993 seconds