GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » eta_c reconstruction efficiency
Re: eta_c reconstruction efficiency [message #12724 is a reply to message #12702] Mon, 17 October 2011 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dima Melnychuk is currently offline  Dima Melnychuk
first-grade participant
Hi,

Studying the problem with eta_c reconstruction efficiency I tried to look at (theta,p) distribution for the kaons that are not reconstructed with both july11, august11 release.
I generated 3000 events for both options.

Distribution for all kaons looks like:
index.php?t=getfile&id=6685&private=0

I consider kaon as not reconstructed if there is no reconstructed track MC matched to it.

For july11 release:
index.php?t=getfile&id=6686&private=0

For the trunk release:
index.php?t=getfile&id=6687&private=0

Number of entries are smaller for the second case, which should partially explain the drop in efficiency.

And since the generated events are the same the difference between two histogram:
index.php?t=getfile&id=6688&private=0

Here the kaons which were reconstructed in july11 release and are not reconstructed in trunk are green and blue. In principle they are distributed over all kinematic range with some concentration below 20 degree. And there is a number of tracks (red) which are recontructed in trunk and were not reconstructed in july11 and they a are in the lower momentum range.

May be it could be helpful somehow for Gianluigi to identify the source of the problem?

Dima

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: some options for eta_c analysis
Next Topic: track quality criterion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:53:29 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00910 seconds