GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Hades » Pluto » [done] Changing t distribution slopes
Re: Changing t distribution slopes [message #12555 is a reply to message #12554] Tue, 23 August 2011 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Michael Kunkel is currently offline  Michael Kunkel
continuous participant
Quote:

And it could be (this is only a first guess) that the shape of the angular distribution is different for the various beam energies, whereas the macro tries to match always the same shape as a function of t. (Btw., is it really true that this function is the same for all energies?)

I'm going to go out on the limb here and say yes this is true, the t-dependence is independent of beam energy, however the t-dependence is dependent on M(pi+pi-) mass. Using this assumption I researched some papers on rho photoprodroduction for various beam energies and found this true. There are other models (Sodel model and Drell model) in which this assumption is not true.

I am going to write a macro that samples a normalized beam smearing function, incorporates the number of events the user wants and in what binning the user wants, and produces several macros for the desired result. The user then will have to hadd the output together to get the full distribution, but this avoids the cumbersome lag of using the current method.

What do you think?

Regards
Michael

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: On the way to Pluto 5.38
Next Topic: Dalitz Decays of higher resonances.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:09:48 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00777 seconds