GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Different x-y resolutions
Different x-y resolutions [message #12295] Tue, 19 July 2011 13:16 Go to previous message
Simone Bianco is currently offline  Simone Bianco
continuous participant
Dear Tracking experts,

I am simulating simple events with 4 pions (2pi+ and 2 pi-) with a momentum of 1GeV/c, which are propagated from (0,0,0). I am generating these particles with an homogeneus distribution in phi and in theta (where theta is restricted to the range [20,140]°).
The simulations are performed with all the detectors in, but I set as active only the MVD, the Stt, the GEMs and the forward tracer.
I perform my reconstruction using:
PndMvdRiemannTrackFinderTask,PndSttTrackFinderReal,PndSttMvdTracking,Pnd RecoKalmanTask,PndMCTrackAssociator,PndPidCorrelator (with pion hypothesis),PndPidIdealAssociatorTask.
At the end of this chain I am running some analysis using the PndVtxPoca vertex finder.
I fill histograms with the three components of the reconstructed vertices. As you can see in the attached figures I get a significantly different sigmas for x and y.
index.php?t=getfile&id=6523&private=0
X always looks worse (even with different momenta and theta ranges).
I have already tried with different topologies like using two particles instead of four, or using pions of the same charge, but I always get worse results for X.
I tried with different vertexing tools (POCA, Ralf's fast fitter, another implementation of the POCA) and I always noticed this behaviour. It really seems to come from previous steps since if I try to rotate of 90° the tracks just before running the POCA vertex finder I obtain symmetrical results (worse Y than X, see the second figure attached).
index.php?t=getfile&id=6524&private=0

Does any of you have an idea about possible reasons of this effect?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Simone

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: TPC signal data available on GRID
Next Topic: PndSttMvdGemTracking with MC pdg.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:10:30 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00956 seconds