GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » D+ and D- vertex resolution from Psi analysis
D+ and D- vertex resolution from Psi analysis [message #12288] Mon, 18 July 2011 17:12 Go to previous message
donghee is currently offline  donghee
first-grade participant
Dear all,

I have tried the test production with STT mode to see the quality of D+ and D- reconstruction.
Total 0.5 M events was generated and D+ and D- was well reconstructed with combined STT.

Vertex distribtuions and mass distributions show the displacement and smearings can be correctly handled after reconstruction and using vertex fit, it seems that the resolution can be identified in the level of 0.15cm for x,y position, for z-position the resolution should be found roughly within ~0.38 cm.

But unfortunately, the vertex fit doesn't show good results for further reconstruction of psi3770.

So now I want to see the rate of correctly reconstructed psi with matching MC true information. In that case, 0.1 M event is too small to check the resolution of psi and each decay products. (an example is shown in the plot of Dmeson_mass_distribution at 3rd coloum)

I would like to ask you some amount of data samples for Psi3770(-> D+D-) analysis at gridka.
Currently 0.1 M events are given, but
at least factor 2 times more data (~0.2M) samples are required to test of it.
Is it possible to increase data sample during Psi3770 production?

Best wishes,
Donghee

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Number of entries in TTree
Next Topic: Pandaroot version 12806 Crash
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:33:51 CET 2024