GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » Bug in parameter handling?
Bug in parameter handling? [message #12082] Sun, 19 June 2011 11:50 Go to previous message
Felix Boehmer is currently offline  Felix Boehmer
first-grade participant

Dear framework experts,

on our bug hunt we came across a strange behavior in the parameter management.

Apparently, when reading the parameters from the ASCII file, everything works, meaning up to the digi macro.
However, when reading in the root parameter files in the reco macro, with EXACTLY the same calls for first and second input, the parameter files are no longer found (e.g. the GAS file seems to be looked up in the wrong path)!

After 2 days of checking and re-checking every line of code in the fitting algorithms to find the problem I now have to conclude that something like a missing geometry must be the problem of the fit as well.

What is going on? Can somebody imagine how this could have been introduced with the latest upgrade? I have been working on 2 weeks old version of the rest-framework before ...

Can somebody confirm this behavior? I know that Dima saw the same thing for the TPC reco macro. Is somebody having likewise problems with the STT reco? If not, then something with the macro has to be off, but I can't find it. And I wonder why it has worked before ...

Cheers

Felix

[Updated on: Sun, 19 June 2011 11:52]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: TPC MVD and GEM correlators
Next Topic: TPC RECO fixed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:59:13 CET 2024