GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » TPC MVD and GEM correlators
Re: TPC MVD and GEM correlators [message #12046 is a reply to message #12045] Fri, 17 June 2011 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Hi,
there are mainly two problems:
a) the code is using the obsolete fDetectorId style, which is not compatible with the PndRecokalmanTask and neither with PndPidCorrelator
b) the code is producing gftracks and not pndtrack

For a) I can try to fix it writing a PndDetectorListFake, where the enum becomes a series of constants, i.e.:
const Int_t kTpcCluster = FairRootManager::Instance()->GetBranchId("PndTpcCluster")

In this way, all the tpc class headers should use PndDetectorListFake instead of PndDetectorList. Of course this is only a momentary solution and after the TDR activities it should be fixed in the tracking code itself.

For b) a task as adapter would be great. I cannot do it because I have to fix many other things on the grid side, but if you want to spend some time... it could be placed in GenfitTools/recotasks. The scheme should be already present in PndRecoKalmanTask/Fit and it is just a matter of copy and paste (hopefully). But after you will have the problem with the mvd part of the PndPidCorrelator. To avoid it, you should switch off mvd pid: corr->SetMvdMode(0) using the last version of the PndPidCorrelator.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message