GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » Problems with FairRootManager
Re: Problems with FairRootManager [message #11648 is a reply to message #11647] Fri, 08 April 2011 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Felix Boehmer is currently offline  Felix Boehmer
first-grade participant

Hi Florian,

I probably should have mentioned this earlier... the macros are not supposed to work in the ordinary way:
What I actually do is process real data read in from an external ROOT tree in the reco macro (DataReaderTask). Here I work on existing sample objects, that is why I don't need any data being produced up to that point AT ALL.

The MC and digi macro are just there to define a reasonably large number of events and transport the parameter and geometry information through the framework.

I have used this workaround for quite a long time now to process our detector data, it was never beautiful, but also never a problem...

Does the framework support the direct processing of an (event-based) external data structure in some way that I am not aware of? Do you think this is the problem due to some recent change in the file I/O?

Cheers

Felix

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message