GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Official code for tracking TDR
Re: Official code for tracking TDR [message #11744 is a reply to message #11743] Thu, 05 May 2011 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Hi,

Felix Boehmer wrote on Thu, 05 May 2011 15:54

We also have to talk about the parameter file handling again, I think, as well as the final method on how to do the mixing in the TPC case. If I understood correctly, you claim that it would be feasible to run fully mixed events for the TPC for all channels on the grid, even considering execution times of roughly 30 min/event?

I have never claimed that. I had never the chance to test the reconstruction code, therefore it is not clear to me how much time we will really need to do the mixed reconstruction. The background production should not take so much time on the grid, but the mixed reconstruction will be our problem.
However, for sure something in the reco code should be done in order to make everything faster, even because it is not feasible to spend half an hour for an event once we will have real data.

For sure everything should be tested as soon as possible, in order to be able to react quickly for our production. But I suppose the only improvements could come only within the reco/mixing code.

Read Message icon4.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message