GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Official code for tracking TDR
Re: Official code for tracking TDR [message #11720 is a reply to message #11686] Tue, 26 April 2011 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Hi Stefano,
I just uploaded to svn the changes to add the GEM extension to the reco tasks in the tdrct directory.

I changed also the name of the input/output branches in the Kalman. In fact, as the GEM extension works now, it copies all the SttMvdTracks found by STT + MVD PR to the SttMvdGemTracks and adds the GEM hits where possible. I know this is not a good solution: it was foreseen to queue somehow the GEM extension directly to the STT + MVD PR, but this had to be posponed due to the many others things to do (first of all for me: have the GEM extension working!).
We will find a way to speed up things and not to occupy too much space: I think that for the final production we might think to put the persistency off for the SttMvdTrack and do the analysis on the SttMvdGemTracks: this should work fine do decrease the disk space needed. I imagine that copying the objects still takes some time... if I can I will find a way to avoid this too.

For now, please remember that the GEM extension still needs one fix to avoid the same GEM hits to be added to more than one track, but you can try it (if you want search for crashes Wink) since it should work also as it is now.
Ciao,
Lia.

Read Message icon4.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message