GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » Error during PndTpcElectronicsTask
Re: Error during PndTpcElectronicsTask [message #11369 is a reply to message #11366] Tue, 21 December 2010 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Felix Boehmer is currently offline  Felix Boehmer
first-grade participant

Dear Stefano,

we have simulated many thousand DPM events just before the last meeting at GSI during testing of the pattern recognition, although I cannot provide you with the exact number. I will build a new clean trunk and test it again.

Quote:

The error comes from FairRootmanager, when trying to read (ReadEvent) or filling (ForceFill)a Tree. It is the TTree command the one who gives the exception which is not caught. This means that the data saved in the tree, or which are going to be saved, are somehow corrupted. Discussing with Mohammad, a missing empty constructor/destructor or some not initialized data member could bethe cause, but a I was not able to find such a case in a glance. Maybe there is something else.

Please be a little more exact about this, and elaborate why you suspect this. For me the behavior you describe is really only compatible with the assumption that we run into memory overload because we a) have rare events where very large numbers of objects would be created, or b) we have a permanent memory leak somewhere, most likely caused by a faulty destructor.
I have never seen this error on my system - maybe because I use a 64 bit machine, I don't know.

I'll investigate it and keep you updated.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Out of memory problem in EmcPoint - FairLink ?
Next Topic: problem with DpmEvtGen library
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:44:47 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01109 seconds