GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » Error during PndTpcElectronicsTask
Re: Error during PndTpcElectronicsTask [message #11360 is a reply to message #11357] Mon, 20 December 2010 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

The problem is connected to the memory usage of TPC digitization, probably.

Still, it has to be clarified if it comes from TPC data objects or from Links.

Once I have tried to remove the inheritance of the Tpc objects from FairMultiLinkedData, restoring them to TObject, and the digitization proceeded without crashes; but of course, by removing the links, the data objects are smaller in size then it is easier to not fill the memory.
It is possible that the memory is messed by the fact that TPC data objects are storing pointers to the previous objects, instead of only the index number, and maybe this could also raise problems. But a test to take out this dependence was never done, and I am not going to do it considering it requires to change the tpc code structure.

Meanwhile, I have found the same crash in the reco part. To overcome it, I have commented out all the SetLink calls in the lhe code and in TrackData, and I was able to run reco also for 10k events.
Running the pid, again the same crash. Together with Lia I have cleaned a bit the code, but the crash is still persistent. I have commented out the SetLinks in the PidCorrelator, still the same crashes. I have tried to take out the inheritance of VAbsMicroCandidate from FairMultiLinkedData, and now it is still running.

For sure, there are problems with the FairLinks. But I am not so sure they are the cause of the TPC crash.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Out of memory problem in EmcPoint - FairLink ?
Next Topic: problem with DpmEvtGen library
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:25:45 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00949 seconds