GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » Error during PndTpcElectronicsTask
Re: Error during PndTpcElectronicsTask [message #11361 is a reply to message #11360] Mon, 20 December 2010 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Felix Boehmer is currently offline  Felix Boehmer
first-grade participant

Dear Stefano,

The problem seen by Tobias Weber could be really anything - to me this just looks like CINT stumbled into some kind of uncontrolled behavior (maybe due to bad alloc).

Generally, the cross-reference to other TPC objects via pointers was necessary at the time they were introduced, since no such mechanism existed prior to Tobias' FairLink approach. It maybe is not pretty, but is no bit worse than keeping index lists to TClonesArray entries - also in terms of memory consumption!

If the crashes are really connected to this but only appear when the FairLinks are used, then it looks like handling of objects members with pointer type is not done correctly inside the FairLinks (considering also that the cross-reference using pointers inside the TPC classes has been around for wuite some time).

Can the people who experience these crashes please try to reproduce this problem with and without FairLinks, keeping an eye on memory consumption at the time of the crash (a simple "top" should suffice). Also it might help to compile the macros used for a more sensible crash stack.
Right now it is really hard to hunt down the problem, as I have never seen these crashes for myself, nor am I familiar what happens inside the FairLinks in full detail.

Cheers

Felix

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Out of memory problem in EmcPoint - FairLink ?
Next Topic: problem with DpmEvtGen library
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:18:35 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00792 seconds