GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Macros for Mvd+Stt Pattern Recognition
Re: Macros for Mvd+Stt Pattern Recognition [message #11342 is a reply to message #11329] Fri, 17 December 2010 13:51 Go to previous message
Gianluigi Boca is currently offline  Gianluigi Boca
first-grade participant
Stefano Spataro wrote on Thu, 16 December 2010 10:02

Hi Gianluigi,
I have run the full sim chain in macro/pid, simulating 10k events with DPM to check the stability.

Everything is fine up to the stt pattern recognition (PndSttTrackFinderReal).
Once I add PndSttMvdTracking I have the system hanging on a well defined event (7434) for hours and then closing the root.
I have tried two times with the same effect.

This is the last message I got:

Found Tracks: 0 in event no. 7431
----------------
Found Tracks: 0 in event no. 7432
----------------
Found Tracks: 0 in event no. 7433
----------------
Warning: numerical instability (primal simplex, phase II)
Found Tracks: 0 in event no. 7434
----------------
something fishy is going on in PndSttTrkAssociatedParallelHitsToHelixQuater!Range in Fi (rad) is  3.454
something fishy is going on in PndSttTrkAssociatedParallelHitsToHelixQuater!Range in Fi (rad) is  3.454

Hi Stefano,
this is only to let the collaboration know that after we discussed on the phone, and after your attempts last night, it seems clear that the hanging of the program at events 7434 is
caused by a memory leak.

Instead the messages : "something fishy is going on etc.etc."
should never occur in principle.
For that purpose I sent you a modified version of
PndSttTrkAssociatedParallelHitsToHelixQuater
with some printouts added, in order to try understand this problem.
Gianluigi

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message