GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » GENFIT for transverse momenta < 200 GeV/c strange?!
Re: GENFIT for transverse momenta < 200 GeV/c strange?! [message #11203 is a reply to message #11194] Fri, 19 November 2010 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Hi David and all others,
I made some tests and I really think the problem is the cut in GeaneTrackRep for low momentum particles: though your starting momentum is not too low (the limit is 100 MeV/c of total momentum), the particle loses energy and often falls in that exception at a certain point.

Since the cut was put there when GEANE was unstable, but now several fixes have been added, I think we could get rid of it.
I uploaded a version of GeaneTrackRep with that cut commented out, so that, if we see that it still crashes, it will be easily restored.

I tried a run without that cut and everything worked fine. Now the Kalman filter is better than the Helix, so I am confident that we can keep GeaneTrackRep without the cut.

Can you please update your GenfitTools and retry to run the events to confirm/deny my results?

Have a nice week end,
Lia.
  • Attachment: momtransv.ps
    (Size: 9.80KB, Downloaded 238 times)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: ROOT based track follower discussion.
Next Topic: Lhe tracking results: reconstruction error for transverse momenta <= 1 GeV/c, all five particles
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:00:42 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01003 seconds