GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Bug in PndGenfitAdapters
icon4.gif  Bug in PndGenfitAdapters [message #11126] Wed, 27 October 2010 11:33 Go to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Exploring the warnings, I have found something very interesting. This is one of the main reasons why I stress that it is important to remove all the warnings, even if they are just warnings!

In particular:

[ 80%] Building CXX object GenfitTools/adapters/CMakeFiles/genfitAdapters.dir/PndGenfitAdapters.o
/home/spataro/test/trunk/GenfitTools/adapters/PndGenfitAdapters.cxx: In function `GFTrackCand* PndTrackCand2GenfitTrackCand(PndTrackCand*)':
/home/spataro/test/trunk/GenfitTools/adapters/PndGenfitAdapters.cxx:36: warning: passing `Double_t' for converting 4 of `void GFTrackCand::addHit(unsigned int, unsigned int, double, unsigned int)'
Linking CXX shared library ../../lib/libgenfitAdapters.so
[ 80%] Built target genfitAdapters  

If you check PndGenfitAdapters.cxx line 36 you find:

retVal->addHit(candHit.GetDetId(),candHit.GetHitId(),0,candHit.GetRho());

In reality, the correct GFTrackCand::addHit function is:

void addHit(unsigned int detId, unsigned int hitId, double rho=0., unsigned int planeId=0);

Then, in the adapter the order criterion "rho" is switched with the detector plane "planeId". We are giving alway the same rho=0, and giving rho as plane id!!

Before committng the correction, I would like to ask to genfit expert if this is correct and in particular if this could affect the kalman global fit performances.

Many thanks.

Read Message icon4.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Charge in FairTrackPar and GeaneTrackRep
Next Topic: Benchmark Tables and plots for tracking performance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:43:51 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00680 seconds