GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Benchmark Tables and plots for tracking performance
Re: Benchmark Tables and plots for tracking performance [message #11158 is a reply to message #11124] Tue, 02 November 2010 17:59 Go to previous message
Gianluigi Boca is currently offline  Gianluigi Boca
first-grade participant
Hi Stefano,
thanks for your reply. I generally agree with your suggestions.
In this message I only discuss those points where I have some more comments.
Stefano Spataro wrote on Wed, 27 October 2010 09:09

Maybe you mean exclusion of reconstructed tracks with less than the number. Or you want to separate acceptance from reco efficiency? I would consider only primary particles.

I mean that I would consider only tracks leaving a number of hits in the central tracker ENOUGH TO BE RECONSTRUCTED via software (a reasonable number is 3 hits for
a Helix ). That would exclude for instance the tracks falling in the target pipe vertical gap which are not very interesting for our porposes.
Quote:

and theta.
I think we need momentum residual and mom resolution as a function of momentum and theta, theta residual and resolution, and efficiency also for prefitting and fitting (how to define this efficiency? within 5 sigma?). For each particle multiplicity.

OK ; for the efficiency, we could use 3 sigma from the central value of the peak.
Quote:

I think this comes later. First we need to validate reconstruction apart from physics channels. We will need them in a second time.

I disagree on this particular point. I believe that a check with a physical channel gives an immediate feeling on the algorithm is working; besides, the cross check with a physics channel is the ultimate benchmark necessary for any tracking.
Quote:

Could you please provide a standard macro with such kind of code, that starting from PndMCTrack TCA and PndTrackCand TCA is able to do this job and fill the corresponding tables/plots?

As Obama said : "Yes, we can " and I will be happy to provide such a Macro soon if people ask me to.

Cheers Gianluigi

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Bug in PndGenfitAdapters
Next Topic: ROOT based track follower discussion.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:09:52 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01136 seconds