GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » Cherenkov photons generation (FairBoxGenerator) updated!
Re: Cherenkov photons generation (FairBoxGenerator) updated! [message #10950 is a reply to message #10949] Tue, 24 August 2010 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Hi,
few comments:

I have seen that by default, in g3Config.C, there is:

geant3->SetCKOV(0);

This should be set to "1" to have Cherenkov propagation ON. Are you sure it is "1"?

Second, in SetCuts.C, all the cuts are set to 1 MeV, then of course all your photons/particles below 1 MeV will be stopped. You should change "cut1" to something below 1 MeV to see low energetic particles.

Third, I would comment out the Pipe, because maybe there are still some overlaps with DIRC, I am not sure.

Fourth, maybe the too much low momentum (boxGen->SetPRange(0.000000003,0.000000003) ) is interfering with g3 cuts, nobody has ever tried to use g3 in this way.

Fifth, have you tried to run geant4? In this case, you should turn on optical physics lists in g4Config.C -> "QGSP_BERT_EMV+optical", maybe this does not crash. You could also try to remove the specialCuts/specialControls commands, to use complete geant4.

Good luck.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: daily doxygen - genfit missing
Next Topic: Setting detector component colors in Geant (4)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 08:04:04 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00928 seconds