GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » TPC digitization blocks everything for too many cluster events
Re: TPC digitization blocks everything for too many cluster events [message #10815 is a reply to message #10789] Tue, 22 June 2010 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Dear all,
I think I have found the guilty guy. Which is not tpc digitization, not exactly.
Putting some thousands of cout in PndTpcElectronicTask::Exec, I have found that the code stucks at the following line:

dig->SetLinks(FairMultiLinkedData(kTpcSignal, sigIdMap[padIt->first]));

Now we have understood why the problem was not appearing before: becuase it is related to the new fairlink propagation! If I comment out this line, the code is slow for the "heavy" events, but it is processed in a "reasonable" amount if time...
I have taken my wonderful 5533 event, it took 24 hours with FairLink line, 1 minute without....

I suppose there is something bad in the linking procedure for tpc, for large events, maybe because the too many objects to handle.

Another slow line, but two orders of magnitude faster than the link line, is the following:

PndTpcDigitizationPolicy().Digitize(sv,&samplelist,ffrontend,fpulseshape);

The code is stucked there for the guilty event, but just for 10 seconds per iteration of the padmap. I am not sure if this is a "feature" or if this could be optimized somehow, I leave the word to digitization experts.

About the SetLinks, I would suggest for the moment to comment out the line, in order to make the digit faster. If somebody wants to check the guilty event, just send me a mail and I could give him the path at GSI where to get a root file with... many problems.
Regards

Read Message icon8.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message