GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » back-propagation with GEANE
Re: back-propagation with GEANE [message #10721 is a reply to message #10715] Fri, 21 May 2010 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Anastasia Karavdina is currently offline  Anastasia Karavdina
continuous participant

Hi Alberto and Lia,
Thank you for detailed explanation! I added requirement to save only the correctly propagated tracks, but it didn't change even number of events in my histograms.

About "significant":
First of all I'm interesting in knowledge of angle resolution,
so under "significant" I meant differences between simulated and reconstructed values of angles. I don't know how to correct compare them, but I see, that these differences much more bigger, then uncertainties, for example, due to multiple scattering in luminosity monitor. And also I can not explain shape of these differences (for example in angle phi).

In absence of magnetic field I expected differences between simulated and reconstructed values of angles equal to zero. Because I simulated tracks in vacuum inside beam pipe, so there is no any material and I expected obtain PCA equal to (0,0,0).

But you right if I compare differences between coordinates of PCA and momentum coordinates with GEANE errors for these variables it seems everything is fine (with the exception of case with zero errors). I would like to know what is the nature of this non-zero errors in absence of magnetic field? Is it only computing uncertainties?

I add plots for the same variables as in my first message in absence of magnetic field.
It's interesting that without magnetic field I don't have any peaks in zero for errors of momentum and PCA coordinates.

Anastasia.

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message