GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » Bug in base I/O?
icon4.gif  Bug in base I/O? [message #10628] Wed, 05 May 2010 18:20 Go to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Dear all,
I would like to report about the problem I have trying to plot variables from the root shell, or from the TBrowser.

I can run a simple simulation macro, i.e. macro/mdt/sim_muo.C, and open the output root file test.root.

Once I open test.root, I can open a TBrowser and try to plot MCTrack variables, such as MCTrack.fPz or MCTrack.GetMomentum().Pz(), everything works. I can try also to write the commands in a shell:

root [2] cbmsim.Draw("MCTrack.fPz")
root [3] cbmsim.Draw("MCTrack.GetMomentum().fZ")
root [4] cbmsim.Draw("MCTrack.GetMomentum().Pz()")

They work.

I can try to do the same with MdtHit TCA, a TClonesArray made of PndMdtPoint inheriting from FairMCPoint<-FairBasePoint<-FairMultiLinkedData<-FairLinkedData<-TObject.

I can plot MdtPoint.fX, fine, but when I try to plot something using functions, i.e. MdtPoint.GetSector(), I have the following crash:

Toggle Spoiler

Considering that MCTrack is not inheriting from the FairXXXLinkData, and that I have the problem with all the objects inheriting from that class, and that before the link implementation I was able to plot everything fine (mdt code is not touched since a while), I would think it is a problem of this Link implementation. But it can be also that the problem comes from some "base" implementation different from the Link.

I ahve trid with different data object and I found always the same crash. If one want to plot something like theta or momentum which come from functions, it is quite... nasty.

I would call for some help from base developers.

Many thanks

Read Message icon4.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: cannot control submit job in batch
Next Topic: Dashboard not killing timeout tests
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 06:59:54 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01101 seconds