GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Momentum resolution and reconstruction efficiency of LHE tracking
Re: Momentum resolution and reconstruction efficiency of LHE tracking [message #10185 is a reply to message #10183] Thu, 11 February 2010 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Anonymous Poster From: *cern.ch
Hi,

GEANE can follow particles to lower momenta, as Lia says. I played a lot with that for another experiment. But the models with which GEANE can propagate the errors (multiple scattering, energy loss straggling) and the state vector (energy loss) are to be studies I think at these low momenta. I am very interested in the issue, since it has a big impact on another experiment (Belle II) where we will use GENFIT with Geane or with another track follower we are working on. Also there, the questions of how to treat material effects for low momenta is not clear yet.
Could the GEANE experts please maybe state their opinion on low momentum performance of the physics models inside GEANE? I would very much appreciate it!

Cheers, Christian

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Lhetrack is now "old stuff" ?
Next Topic: plane id in track candidate
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:28:26 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00674 seconds