GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » macro maintenance and all that...
macro maintenance and all that... [message #10160] Wed, 10 February 2010 13:06
Johan Messchendorp is currently offline  Johan Messchendorp
first-grade participant

Dear all,

Today we had a discussion about the macros, the tutorials, and the underlying structure etc. To wrap up the situation as it is now and who is responsible and all that, the following points:

1. The folder "/macro" (rw access for all developers) presently contains the following:
    • /macro/[subsystem] - example macros dedicated to specific detectors, that represent the most stable implementation of the simulations, digitisation, and reconstruction. The developer(s) responsible for [subsystem] should up date these macros regularly with the most stable settings and tasks.
    • /macro/run - this folder contains complete chain macros with modules corresponding to the contents in /macro/[detector]. These macros represent production code and an example for the maintenance of the /tutorials. Also here, the developers should take care that the appropriate tasks and settings for their subsystem are incorporated in the "run" macros. Furthermore, these macros are also used as part of the QA tests for the nightly builds. Also here, the developers should keep an eye on the dashboard and act accordingly in the case of problems which point to their part of the code. I will act in the case of more general crashes, problems, or whatever for these macros. Furthermore, I will maintain the "compiled" version of the "run" macros.
    • /macro/qa/[subsystem] - these macros are used for quality assurance, which means that these run during the nightly tests and its output is collected on the dashboard. Most of these macros correspond to contents in /macro/[subsytem] with additional tests for QA (output of the macros are tested and checked against some expectation criteria). Also, these are maintained by the developers of the [subsystem].
  2. /tutorials/[...] - these macros are intended as a starting point for users/developers for their physics analysis (really as "tutorial"). The code is presently maintained by Klaus, Soeren, and Stefano, although I think that every developer has write access (but I not so sure). There is also a corresponding Wiki page with a more complete description on how and what. The idea is that the tasks and settings are taken from the /macro/ macros.

We might want to reconsider this structure and we could discuss it on the next EVO meeting. In preparation for that, I propose to start a discussion via this forum thread to come up with ideas and proposals. Of course, we could also decide that we are happy with the present structure. Let me know what you think....

Best wishes,

Johan.

[Updated on: Wed, 10 February 2010 13:08]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Previous Topic: repository doesnt work
Next Topic: Diff. LX dists
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:49:54 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01148 seconds