GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » EMC » EMC WorkPackages
EMC WorkPackages [message #10100] Thu, 04 February 2010 12:10 Go to previous message
Dima Melnychuk is currently offline  Dima Melnychuk
first-grade participant
Dear everybody interested in EMC software,

I have prepared working packages for EMC according to what was discussed at the last EVO meeting.

http://panda-wiki.gsi.de/cgi-bin/view/Computing/PandaRootWorkPackages

Everybody can look, write comments here or, since WorkPackages are in the Wiki, you can make your corrections directly there.

I put to description of tasks what I think about it, and for some of task my ideas are limited and for many things general approach should be first developed, such as Event Mixing, Alignnment etc.

One technical question what names to put in the table column as Coordinator? Since for some of tasks name of person doing this task can be assigned I would propose to put this names in this column.

And one question needs additional discussion in my opinion. And it is connected with WorkPackages "Cluster-Track matching", "Candidate (analysis interface)" and to some extent to "Energy and position correction".

At the moment Cluster-Track matching is implemented in PndPidCorrelator, where tracks are matched with EmcCluster/EmcBump and PndPidCandidate are produced taking information from both and PndPidCandidate are later read by PndEventReader. However information on EmcCluster correlated/non-correlated with tracks can be used in emc software to apply energy and position correction, since position correction can be different for photons and electrons. Disentangling cluster-track matching from PndPidCorrelator would make it also easier to implement alternative algorithms for such a matching. So here PndEmcCandidate can be introduced, which will contain information on cluster-track association and later it can be whether converted into PndPidCandidate or used directly in PID algorithms.

However I do not have any detailed proposal for this point, I just think that it should be further discussed.

Best regards,

Dima

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Bachelor thesis, Elwin Dijck (PID studies)
Next Topic: EMC mapper and other modifications
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:02:05 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01195 seconds