GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Global Problems
Re: Global Problems [message #10075 is a reply to message #10070] Tue, 02 February 2010 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Radek Karabowicz wrote on Tue, 02 February 2010 17:50

Does the ordering parameter have to be the same as in the realistic track finder?
I think it does not have to be the same, but should be rather similar.
The track parameters that would serve best for the purpose are the fLength or fTime members of the FairMCPoint.h

My proposition is to use the fLength as the ordering parameter in various ideal track finders, as it is the one easier accessible in the realistic track finders.

I think ideal and realistic tracking should use exactly the same criteria, if not it become difficult to disentangle different effects due to secondaries and so on. And the length is not something that in real life can be measured. For these reasons I think the distance from 0,0,0 should be fine.

About the fDetectorType, the current structure is mandatory for lhe tracking (I think it was originally taken from there) and for the reco hit factories of the kalman task. It is not clear to me which are the problems appearing now with the current code. That enum had to say from which TClonesArray one has to take the detector hits, this is the original meaning of the enum. I think the Tobias' addenda are not harming at all, and they are still following the original idea of TCA/data object.

Therefore, I have completely not understood what should we discuss about... Surprised

[Updated on: Tue, 02 February 2010 23:46]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message