GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » compilation of macros
Re: compilation of macros [message #9898 is a reply to message #9897] Mon, 07 December 2009 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Johan Messchendorp is currently offline  Johan Messchendorp
first-grade participant

Dear Bertram and others,

It is really great that Bertram thinks about the very important high-level analysis tools and its corresponding framework. From the physics book activities, Bertram has gained lots of experiences in this direction, in particular with a good overview of the needs of users. Furthermore, we indeed need these higher-level tools/framework and at the moment this is far from complete (mostly due to lack of manpower in this direction). I would therefore encourage any thought in this direction!

The question is what the best strategy is to proceed here. Personally, I would like to see that such a high-level framework is developed along the lines within the present framework. For two reasons: first of all, it would be good to keep things transparent for developers and users, and secondly, it is simply much more efficient to build on something we already have than to re-invent the wheel. We really do not have any resources to follow more lines (and we will also not have this in the future).

Following this discussion in the forum, I understand that - in principle - the development of a higher-level analysis framework with sub-sub-sub tasks etc is possible within the existing framework. My request is therefore to first start looking into what is there and how this can be used to continue the higher-level analysis developments. For me this is the most logical approach. But if someone has another point-of-view on this, let me know....

Kind wishes,

Johan.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message