GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » compilation of macros
Re: compilation of macros [message #9853 is a reply to message #9845] Thu, 03 December 2009 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Florian Uhlig is currently offline  Florian Uhlig
first-grade participant
Hi Bertram

Quote:

These errors should not be ignored. In any case, one has to fix it! Your example shows that it is might be better to link with g++ instead of ACLiC.
Therefore I would like to ask everybody to think about the idea to get rid of the existing macros and create binaries with g++ instead. In order to steer the applications, the application framework can provide an additional interpreter with the purpose to enable/disable tasks, communicate with the tasks, etc. I know, it is just an idea and it would require lots of changes. Anyhow, it would be great to think about such an idea.

I think it is good to look for potential problems, so it would also make sense to take a look at all the warnings which show up during compilation. They already show some of the problems.

The macros are meant for steering the execution of the compiled code and nothing else. If you want to compile them this is fine to find some errors which wer hidden up to now by the behaviour of rootcint.
But i don't understand why you want to get rid of the interpreter and invent a new one. as you said the requires alot of changes and i don't know who should do this if the people not
even clean their own code after the did some changes or care about warnings in their part of code.

Ciao

Florian

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message