GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » compilation of macros
Re: compilation of macros [message #9845 is a reply to message #9844] Thu, 03 December 2009 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Bertram Kopf is currently offline  Bertram Kopf
continuous participant
Hi Elwin,

Elwin Dijck wrote on Wed, 02 December 2009 23:24

I also experimented with compiling macros and actually used g++ instead of ACLiC for compilation and then linked with the PandaRoot libraries. The linking part gave me several errors about undefined symbols, because the PandaRoot libraries contain (public) functions that are declared but not implemented. I guess it should be possible to ignore the errors as none of these functions are ever called, but in any case it might be better to remove their declarations from the class interfaces. This won't break any code as calling these function would result in crashes anyway.

These errors should not be ignored. In any case, one has to fix it! Your example shows that it is might be better to link with g++ instead of ACLiC.
Therefore I would like to ask everybody to think about the idea to get rid of the existing macros and create binaries with g++ instead. In order to steer the applications, the application framework can provide an additional interpreter with the purpose to enable/disable tasks, communicate with the tasks, etc. I know, it is just an idea and it would require lots of changes. Anyhow, it would be great to think about such an idea.

Cheers,
Bertram.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message