GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » Proxy dict successfully used for the event loop
Re: Proxy dict successfully used for the event loop [message #9679 is a reply to message #9651] Wed, 04 November 2009 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Mohammad Al-Turany is currently offline  Mohammad Al-Turany
first-grade participant
Hi,

This stuff is not compiling on Mac OS (Leopard and Snow Leopard). I get the error:

Toggle Spoiler

as you can see it is related to the namespaces and the fact that BaBar re-implement the string.h in there own namespace (here panda namespace). But searching for for namespaces in the pndbase, the panda namespace seems to be defined but not used.

Toggle Spoiler

On Linux I could compile the stuff but could not run it.

Quote:

Error: Symbol PndEmcHitsToTmpWaveform is not defined in current scope full_tmpWaveform_emc.C:73:
Error: Symbol PndEmcHitsToTmpWaveform is not defined in current scope full_tmpWaveform_emc.C:73:
Error: type PndEmcHitsToTmpWaveform not defined FILE:/home/turany/pandaroot/macro/emc/./full_tmpWaveform_emc.C LINE:73
Warning: Automatic variable PndEmcHitsToTmpWaveform* emcHitsToTmpWaveform is allocated full_tmpWaveform_emc.C:73:
Error: Undeclared variable PndEmcHitsToTmpWaveform* emcHitsToTmpWaveform full_tmpWaveform_emc.C:73:

even though, the libraries are loaded.

Now to the general questions, this stuff is a copy of the BaBar stuff, do we have anybody who really can maintain this, modify it and develop it further?

Looking to the example task, it is a FairTask but without Init, and just create a dictionary in the exec (i.e. for each event) is that what we need, an event by event dictionary?

there is also a lot of other technical questions, but the main one is what is this package is good for? this is still not really clear for me.

regards

Mohammad

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message