GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » EMC » Geometry of EMC Barrel Crystal
Re: Geometry of EMC Barrel Crystal [message #9513 is a reply to message #9412] Tue, 06 October 2009 08:48 Go to previous message
Philippe Rosier is currently offline  Philippe Rosier
occasional visitor
Dear Christian
To my knowledge the geometry between pandaroot and tdr are not the same. The geometry may have been created with George Serbanut from points of my CAD and translated to an IGES file that I gave to him.
In february 2008, I have reshaped all the crystals before the mass production and before the TDR writing.
This for 2 reasons 1-to get more space around crystals (about 50µm) as the first prototypes showed stress when inserting crystals (we never imagine additional thickness due to tapes for example) 2-the crystals now are packed alone in their alveoles (instead of by 4 as in the technical proposal in 2005), then the angles have been changed.
To conclude: The size in the TDR or in the database of the CAD created few days ago (see mail below with the link) are the same but as to be reinjected in the pandaroot.
Regards
Philippe

Mail sent to Jan Schulze and others...
Please note that you can find the CAD of the barrel EMC on the following directory (in official database):

http://ipnweb.in2p3.fr/~rdd/prv
login : rdd
password: !rdd1005

Later it could be on PANDA-EDMS software (developed by GSI) but for now this will be used for reference between all barrel-EMC-users.

There are the crystals CAD, with or without aveoles. Use the axes_PANDA (horizontal beam and vertical up lines) to position the crystals in PANDA reference frame (the absolute coordinate are in EMC crystals frame shifted of 37mm forward).
And the target spectrometer CAD as far as it has been defined by neighbor detectors teams around the EMC, but this file can also be similar to the one in integration directory in PANDA website.

For any question, you can contact me or Christine (clegalli@ipno.in2p3.fr)

Best regards
Philippe

ROSIER Philippe
R&D Détecteurs
IPN ORSAY
Rue Georges Clémenceau
Bat. 100M
91406 ORSAY Cedex
FRANCE
Tel: +33.(0)1.69.15.45.31
Fax: +33.(0)1.69.15.50.01
http://ipnweb.in2p3.fr/~rdd